ExLAF77 is a library of functions for general algebraic operations
with numbers, vectors and matrices that allows practically unlimited
increase of computational precision and includes automatic detection
of computational anomalies (exceptions).
ExLAF77 acronym stands for Extended precision Linear Algebra for Fortran-77
(however, it is also callable by C applications).
- algebraic operations with integral and exact rational numbers of unlimited* size
- algebraic operations with real and complex numbers in floating-point
representation with unlimited* size of mantissa and exponent,
automatic detection of overflows, underflows and other anomalies
- calculation of several mathematical constants and elementary
transcendental functions of real and complex argument with
- algebraic operations of unlimited* accuracy with
real and complex vectors and matrices
- solution, with practically unlimited accuracy, of real and complex
systems of linear equations with dense matrices (including general
square, Hermitian positive-definite and Hermitian indefinite
- solution, with unlimited* accuracy, of eigenvalue problems
for the same range of matrices as above
* up to approximately 500,000,000 decimal digits
Several features make ExLAF77 exceptional among other packages:
- it imposes virtually no limit on the possible range of values,
which is important for exact calculations;
- it provides strictly formalized abstract interface that removes the
necessity of explicit type specification, thereby greatly reducing the
user's programming task;
- data types are automatically recognized and appropriately casted in all
operations with mixed-type operands, including vector/matrix operations;
- you work with abstract types - where exact type and object size may be
unknown beforehand and can change in process of calculations - in a non
object-oriented environment, such as Fortran-77 or C;
- all ExLAF77's objects are self-sufficient and location-independent: they
can be written with virtually no conversion to any binary stream, along with
any data of your own, to be read back in another session or application.
See also Questions and Answers page.
See how it all works in our demo examples
with Hilbert matrix and Van der Monde matrix.
Or download ExLAF77 User's Manual
(PDF file, 453 Kb).
The library is offered for 30 days free of charge -
click here if you'd like to try.
If you have any questions - please contact us!